Sunday, May 2, 2010

Day 2 - Tokyo Tower.

The day began with corn flakes for breakfast at the hotel's restaurant.

I noticed last night that I could see what I thought was Tokyo Tower from my window, and this morning went to confirm that with the staff.  I still can't quite believe that I can see it.

After confirming it with the staff, I asked them how to get there, and went on my way.  Two lefts out of the hotel and a very long walk, I was there, only to discover the hundreds of people lined up both for the Michael Jackson Lifetime Exhibition, and the actual tower itself.  Apparently it's holidays here now, so I don't fancy my chances of it being any less busy on a weekday.

On the way I noticed a place that was General Nogi's Residence and Stable, where there is a plaque at the front in English and Japanese, with all other plaques being in Japanese.  There's also a ... shrine?  temple?  at the back, which is quite nice ... the sound of the metal brooms scraping the pebbles drove me nuts, so I moved on.

Anyway, getting back to Tokyo Tower ... just across the road there is a really peaceful garden, so I went down there, took some photos and sat around for a bit.

On the way back, I looked into the shopping centre where the video game company Konami is located - were my Japanese at a higher skill level I would have perhaps gone in, but alas my Japanese is very limited.

Later on I went to a "FamilyMart" and was a little shocked by what was on the covers of some of the magzazines ... non-shrink wrapped and all ... that is, a child could easily walk up to it and browse through it.

Anyway, as much as I want to, I don't really like Meiji Chocolate. :-(  (Sorry Meiji).

Later again, I went for a walk to find the nearest JR station which isn't far away at all ... well ... for someone who doesn't mind walking it isn't far away, anyway.

Got a bit lost on the walk home, but found my way again thanks to the people who ran the bicycle shop - arigatou!

and now here I am again.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment