Monday, May 3, 2010

Day 3 - Shinkansen

Got the JR Metro from Shinanomachi Eki (Eki = train station) to Tokyo (actually went in the wrong direction, got off at Akihabara, only to find a young American who is here for a year who needed directions - he was told that both exits to the train station were the East exit ... luckily I had my phrase book with me and looked up the word ... higashi.  And he went on his way.

I got back on a train to Tokyo, then hopped the Shinkansen to Osaka, but got off at Kyoto ... (I thought Kyoto was further away than Osaka, but the Kyoto stop was before Osaka??)

On the train there were two men talking, and I asked about seating - on the Shinkansen someone with a non-reserved seat can sit anywhere they please, but only on cars 1-5.

Anyway, I got off the train, walked around the block, did some gift shopping at ... was it "GRAND SHOP"? at the Kyoto station, then came back to Tokyo.

Had to catch a connecting train from ... Ochamizu???  to Shinanomachi ... stopped at a convenience store on the way and got a chocolate almond ice cream that was lovely - I think it's the same brand of ice cream I bought when I was in Hawaii.

That is all from me for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment